Markit Digital is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to provide support for our diverse SQL Server estate and contribute to new deployments and projects. A challenging role that provides exposure to the finance industry, SQL Clustering, Cloud architecture, and several versions of SQL Server including 2014 and 2016.
You will be a vital part of an experienced DBA team sharing support, ideas, and experience. You will have the opportunity to improve Markit Digitals database release processes, define new standards, and have an active role in shaping the services provided by the team.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Perform proactive checks on production servers
- Participate in out-of-hours and on-call rotations
- Performance Tuning T-SQL
- Resource capacity planning (CPU, memory, IO, storage)
- Engage with SQL development resources
- SQL 2005 – 2016
- Solid TSQL scripting
- Advanced performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- SQL replication
- Databasedesign, normalization
- Understanding of storage hardware, architecture and design
- SQL high availability /disaster recovery technologies
- SQL upgrade experience
- SQL user provisioning and management
- Mindset for automating/scripting
- Knowledge of MySQL/NoSQL technologies a plus.
- Microsoft O/S proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5+ years of DBA experience in an enterprise IT environment
- 5+ years’ experience as an MS SQL DBA
- Planning and delivering projects
- Experience in performance tuning and problem troubleshooting.
- Past liaison with business and development groups
- Previous adherence to change control policies
- Solid knowledge/hands on experience developing/maintaining OLTP and
- Warehouse environments, including VLDB and BI stack
- Experience in a company with agreed Service Level Agreements to internal business units or external clients
- Ability to understand business objectives and focus and prioritize multiple projects accordingly
- Financial exposure not required but any experience would be beneficial
- Willingness to collaborate and develop others
- Self-starter who can work with little supervision
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Focused on delivery
- Ability to influence others in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate with both technical and business counterparts in a language they understand is essential, both written and verbal.