As a Database Administrator, you'll develop and support our Veterans United Home Loans database environment, ensuring we have the highest performance and reliability for both our internal and external customers. This position will not be originating loans.
- Identify database performance concerns and resolve by leveraging logging and monitoring tools.
- Address support tickets regarding database environment.
- Collaborate with different units within Technology to help achieve an environment that meets current and future business objectives.
- Work with Technology to ensure the highest reliability and performance possible in the database environment.
- Help tune specific queries, indexes, and stored procedures.
- Provide and design tools to assist management of the database environment.
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills, as well as speaking and presentation skills.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills.
- Manage multiple high-priority projects at the same time, in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Strong knowledge of data architecture for designing schemas for OLAP and Transactional databases.
- Experience in administering and supporting business critical relational databases on MS SQL Server or MySQL.
- Proficiency with database performance strategies, as well as tuning queries and processes.
- Familiarity with server administration concepts in Microsoft Windows and Linux server environments.
- Some development experience with, or exposure to, application development in .NET or PHP.
- At least three years of experience developing complex SQL queries, scripts, and stored procedures.
- At least three years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL, with large, complex corporate databases.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to learn new concepts, tools, languages and techniques quickly.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.