We are currently looking for a Database Administrator to join our Cloud Infrastructure support team that provides design verification, networking protocol/ port verification, deployment and support for VMWare, OpenStack and AWS hosted services as well as internally created tools. The team performs new VM builds, maintenance and upgrades of all National Service applications hosted in this VM environment. The team maintains heightened scrutiny and overall operability and behavior of the National Service applications through several means to provide support, troubleshooting and resolution with issues and outages in a 24/7/365 operations environment. The team responds to and troubleshoots all NOC trouble tickets for all National Service VM applications built and maintained by the team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with databasetechnologies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within a clustered environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within a capacity of a Database Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
Additional Job Requirements
- Experience performing database administration and engineering tasks in Linux/Unix-based Oracle RAC development and production environments, including design/modeling, SQL and script development, SQL and database tuning, data migrations, backups and recoveries, software installations and upgrades, and DBA support (including after-hours when needed) for three-tier, client/server databases.
- Experience with other relational and NoSQL databasetechnologies, including but not limited to MySQL, MongoDB, and Cassandra.
- Experience working with the following technologies; Linux/Unix, Oracle 11gR2, Oracle 12cR2, Oracle RAC, Oracle RMAN, Oracle MySQL (or Amazon Aurora), NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc…), SQL, PL/SQL, Script languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc…)
- Preferred to have knowledge of various persistence frameworks and Java.
- Preferred to have knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate and Data Guard.
- Telecommunication industry experience