We are looking for Database Administrator for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The client is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to help support several competing projects in order to maintain their current workload.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing highly desired.
- In addition, the candidate will be responsible for an array of tasks including but not limited to, Data Model Documentation, Code promotion and technical support for Test/Development systems supporting various database systems.
- Act as a database administrator using SQLServer 2012/2016/Azure
- Responsible for support of CHIA?s production database systems.
- Responsible for Development DBA tasks such as: Data Model Documentation, Source Control DB Object as they are propagated from Dev to Test to Production.
- Provide Database technical support for Test/Development systems
- Understand data flows, warehouse structures and data marts
- Understand the relationship between data and documentation
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of metadata
- Assist in the definition of storage requirements and retention times
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of database backups and restorations
- Use SQL Query Analyzer to query data for integrity checks and ad hoc requests
- Work with application developers to administer SQL stored procedures
- Build , run and analyze transformation jobs using ETL tools IBM Data Stage and Microsoft SSIS Packages
- SupportReporting capabilities to provide access to Division data and reports for internal and external clients
- Work with legal, business groups and Data Review Board on data security issues
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Azure ?Cloud? and Netezza
- Experience with the development methodologies such as AgileScrum.
- Experience with Azure classic portal & Azure resource manager in cloud deployments.
- Experience with Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD, etc.
- Experience with Azure PaaS technologies.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with ETL tools, SAS and Visio desirable
- Minimum 5years of experience as an IT professional in a work environment with a relational database focus.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in related areas including Data Processing or Computer Information Science is highly desirable, and may substitute for two years of the requiredexperience if acquired within the last 2years.