What you'll do
Billtrust is seeking a passionate Database Administrator to join our dynamic DBA team that manages a 250+ terabyte database environment hosted on our private and public cloud platforms (Azure & AWS). You will play a key role in managing and improving the availability, reliability and scalability of our enterprise database systems that include a mix of SQL (SQL Server/MySQL/Snowflake) and NoSQL (MongoDB/Dynamo/Elastic) technologies.
- Provide DBA expertise/support across our production and non-production environments with primary focus on SQL Server, but with a willingness and ability to manage other SQL and NoSQL database platforms
- Install, configure and patch SQL Server instances and databases for optimum performance
- Implement high availability, scalability and disaster recovery solutions by leveraging Always On Availability Groups, failover clustering & other data replication technologies
- Automate routine database tasks by leveraging scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python and/or other tools such as Azure automation, Rundeck etc.
- Setup monitoring solutions (SentryOne, Nagios) to pro-actively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues
- Collaborate with development teams on implementing new database technologies/capabilities, improving database performance and evangelizing database best practices
- Partner with Infrastructure & DevOps teams on automation of database infrastructure setups and upgrades
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours support
What you'll bring to the team
- Proven ability in executing and supporting strategies to ensure the health of enterprise database environments – 5+ years of relevant experience in 24x7, mission-critical settings
- Successful track record in the hands-on support, monitoring, architecture, deploying, security, monitoring, performance and troubleshooting of SQL Server instances
- Ability to plan, communicate, perform and verify production changes
- Ability to design and implement complex DR and high-availability/failover solutions
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of database security, enterprise backup and restore, and replication strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing large and complex data sets within SQL Server databases
- Demonstrated success in technology evaluation and deployment efforts
- Strong sense of ownership in providing extremely secure, highly-available, fault-tolerant enterprise systems
- Knack for pro-actively identifying and resolving technical issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo and/or Elastic nice-to-have
- Experience with Agile Kanban nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), online payments, software or product-centric business a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is "Casual Friday', we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is located in the heart of Central NJ with close proximity to I-295, the NJ Turnpike and Route 1; Avoid the city – stay local!