ProSync is currently looking for a Database Administrator to p rovide day-to-day database administration support for development and production environments. The Database Administrator will be responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience or
- Master's degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
- Research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Monitor, manage and develop SQL databases on NETAPP, EMC storage and database servers.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Define architecture requirements and performance standards to meet management and customer specifications.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing database structure
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and to customer personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements
- Provide Tier III support
- Requires a minimum of thirteen (13) years' experience in software engineering and development or systems engineering and analysis
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
- E xperience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis and resolution
- Experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems
- Experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
ProSync Technology is a leader in the Intelligence Community built on a community of talented and committed individuals. With a heritage built on supporting National Security and telecommunications industry we deliver solutions in Hardware Engineering, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Defense, Research and Software Development.
Our executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync. Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.