Position at ActioNet
ActioNet has an upcoming opportunity for a Database Administrator requiring a Secret clearance located in Vienna, VA. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
As a Database Administrator, you will provide technical expertise and support for Database Management Systems supporting a very large Federal program.
What is in it for you?
- The selected candidate will become a key part of a dynamic Agile team with a mission to design, build, test, field, operate, maintain, and secure a federal-wide information technology (IT) service used by and supporting all federal civilians, military members, and government contractors.
- As a member of an established and fast growing company, you will be provided with excellent training opportunities, job experience, and unlimited potential to advance.
- You will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional training reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- ...and much, much more!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under general direction, implements, monitors, and reorganizes databases, codes, tests, implements, and maintains database architectures.
- Executes utility requirements such as reorganization, back-up and recovery.
- Analyzes and resolves database system production problems.
- Analyzes user requirements and statistics, and participates in database design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Advises systems engineers on database coding issues.
- Prepares system documentation.
- May be involved in the data modeling process.
- Three to five years of direct experience as an Oracle Database manager within the past seven years required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering).
- 10 or more years of general experience including at least seven years directly related experience may be substituted for the required degree.
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Must have Secret clearance
- Experience as a Database Management Specialist supporting an Agile/DevSecOps environment
- Experience supporting customers in the Department of Defense is highly desired.
- DISA domain knowledge a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of IT service offerings and functional areas across all system management lifecycle. Solid understanding of CMMI, ITIL, ISO, Enterprise Architecture, Information Assurance
- Self-disciplined and have a positive attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Excellent strategic thinker and ability to think innovatively
- Excellent time management, written/technical writing, verbal, and presentation skills
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.