- The Database Administration Senior Functional Lead is responsible for directing and coordinating activities associated with database administration, data services implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Provide efficient and effective support of all OCICB-supported database systems to meet or exceed user operational availability and performance requirements.
- Provide timely and effective database systems maintenance and repair support on database systems necessary to ensure maximum availability and performance of those resources.
- Provide efficient performance monitoring of database systems, and issue timely and accurate notification of database outages to management.
- Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for database administration to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of disaster.
- Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to databases to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and to support trend analysis and forecasting.
- Effectively manage the procurement and maintenance of all supplies, materials, and supporting software licenses and service agreements required to ensure supported database systems meet minimum performance and availability requirements.
- Ensure effective change control and configuration management of database systems to establish and maintain consistency of each application's performance and its functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Develop and maintain SOP for operation, maintenance, and repair database systems.
- Ensure all database system-related data and documentation is added to and maintained current within Knowledge Database and Document Library to provide efficient access to a complete and current source of relevant structured and unstructured data.
- Ensure all periodic extract, transform, and load jobs are executed in accordance with application requirements.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of production data management services.
- Provide after-hours monitoring and timely problem resolution for databases commensurate with the mission criticality of the affected system(s).
- MS SQL Server
- Neo4j Graph Database
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft SharePoint
- STIG or equivalent cybersecurity assessment
- User Migration Utility
- SQL Replication Server
- Database testing
- Database optimization
- Database indexing
- Database clustering
- Transformational analysis
- Data mining
- Agile Engineering - Level 1: 3-6 yrs
- Application DBA - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Change Management - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Conceptual Data Modeling - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Analyst - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Backups - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Dissemination - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Governance - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Integrator - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Management Specialist - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Mining - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Modeler - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Policy Analyst - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Quality Analyst - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Scientist - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Data Visualization Expert - Level 1: 1-3 yrs
- Database Administrator - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Database Architecture - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Database Manager - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Database Planning, Design and Development - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Decision Support Analysis - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) - Level 1: 1-3 yrs
- Relational database programming - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Requirements Development - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Requirements Engineer - Level 1: 1-3 yrs
- Requirements Management - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
- Virtualization - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
Technologies and Protocols:
- Database installation, creation, upgrades, configuration
- Monitoring and tuning
- Disaster recovery planning
- Capacity management and planning
- Analysis and testing
- Data modeling and performance optimization
- Virtualized/cloud based environments
- Automated testing tools
- Installation, upgrades and patching
- Database tuning and manipulation
- Data mapping, mining and transformational analysis tools
- Development and optimization
- Configuration and monitoring
- Installation, testing, implementation and patching
- Backup and recovery planning
- ASO and VPD technologies
- Applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- High Availability
Required Education and Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and a minimum of five years of practical experience in database design, analysis, implementation (four of these years must be with Microsoft SQL Server).
- Possess an active Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) - Data Management and Analytics or MS SQL Server or comparable/higher advanced certification in database administration.
- Public Trust L5 Security Clearable.
- Experience with or knowledge of HSS EPLC
- Experience in working clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client’s entity relationship and flow of data
- Experience developing functional process diagrams for database services
- Experience providing engineering and installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of database services
- Experience complying with all applicable security and information assurance (IA) / cybersecurity policies and directives
- Experience with Agile development
- Demonstrated experience in database monitoring and tuning tools, such as SQL Diagnostic
- Must be an independent self- starter with strong initiative working on database projects
- Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
- Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience in MS SQL Server development, testing, integration, disaster recovery, and operational environments
- Agile or DevOps certification
- Experience with health IT systems
- Oracle databaseexperience
- Possess demonstrated experience with Operations support within an ITIL Service Operations management framework
- Demonstrated experience briefing senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Analysis
- Demonstrated experience with HA (high availability) solutions, including set up, maintenance and troubleshooting of MS SQL Server Replication, Database Mirroring and Log Shipping
- Understand the concepts of virtualized hardware systems, RAID and SAN commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-tiered application environments with SQL, Web services, Web API, HTML5, and XML development
Job ID: 440993