Q2 is seeking a Database Administration Manager to join the existing team of experienced DBA’s who are responsible for the support of a number of databases, principally MS SQL Server. The successful candidate will become involved in databases throughout their lifecycle from project inception to ongoing support, working with the Q2 software development teams for deployment.
- Identify emerging Databasetechnologies, assimilated and integrated within the Q2 IT organization.
- Provide support for various versions of SQL, MYSQL, and POSTGRESQL implementations. Excellent troubleshooting skills in mission critical environment.
- Provide complete database life cycle support for handful mission critical databases using various tools and techniques.
- Interface with other central organizations, specifically software development teams to improve and implement database process, procedures, and automation.
- Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of the issues.
- Participate in regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Develop Q2’s long-term database goals and strategy.
- Training, managing and mentoring DBA team members.
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Provide support critical SQL Server databases, performing stored procedures, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases i.e. MongoDB and Cassandra are a plus.
- Understanding of regulatory, legal and compliances issues for SOX and audit functions.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 2 years Management of a team or teams within an IT organization, specifically databases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong efficiency and working experience with SQL Server Databases.
- Administer databases through full software development life cycle, testing, and production.
- Experience with T-SQL, OLAP, DTS, SSIS and stored procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision-making capability; focus on customer service.
- 6-10 years MS SQL Server DBA experience.
- POSTGRESQL experience
- Bachelor’s Degree