Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 201 days ago
Data Warehouse Sr. Consultant (Full-time | Minneapolis, MN)
OST is looking to hire a Data Warehouse Sr. Consultant for our Connected Products Development team. In this role, you will report to our Connected Products Practice Manager. This role supports business process by developing business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, ETL development, batch control implementation, quality assurance and implementation support. More and more frequently our customer’s solutions are cloud-based using big data services and architectures. In this role, it is expected that you will be focused on leveraging these architectures to build solutions for our clients.
· Passionately develop system applications to coding standards and quality
· Work collaboratively with other developers and architects to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
· Meet with potential customers, help determine solution, and build an implementation plan.
· Develop expertise in cloud-based big data solutions.
· Mentor less experienced team members.
· Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
· Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communications
· Report project/task status to the appropriate Delivery Lead per the requested schedule.
· Utilize a software lifecycle methodology.
· 5-15 years of data analytics / BI development experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience with data warehousing tools including Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, etc.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as Cognos, Business Objects, Excel Pivot Table Service for OLAP, Crystal, etc. Experience with Tableau a plus.
· Proven knowledge in all stages of software development life cycle
· Mastery of relational and multi-dimensional data design and development techniques including star schema, snowflake schema, cube design, ETL and others
· Exposure to “big data” technology and concepts
· Exposure to public cloud (Azure and/or AWS) technology and concepts
· Ability to research and troubleshoot system issues and products
· History of working independently and leading small technical teams
· Experience in a client-facing consultant role with the ability to make an impact on our clients’ business – and ours – on a daily basis
· Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
· Passionate, inquisitive, disciplined, collaborative and enjoyable to work with
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· Strong communication skills and impeccable professional character
· Desire and ability to learn quickly, stay on top of emerging technologies and take professional risks
· Demonstrated integrity and clearly defined values
· Positive attitude and commitment to client satisfaction