Looking for a little more creativity, challenge, and growth opportunity in your workday? Didn’t think it was possible? Might be time to reconsider.
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn’t just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we’re an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
We’re currently hiring for the position of Data Warehouse SQL Developer.
The Data Warehouse SQL Developer will have hands on experience implementing a data warehouse (SQL Server). This individual must have extensive data warehouse experience, ETL experience and experience in working with various front end reporting tools including SQL and Power BI, to explore data and create accurate conclusions that will steer the company direction and enhance the business operations and patient experience across our 130+ locations.
The ideal candidate will design and analyze complex data structures, interact with business users to understand their requirements, and communicate complex topics in both oral and written form.
Responsible for providing analytic support across the organization to enable better data-driven decision making and planning by senior management. Primary focus will be on the portion of the development cycle focused around coding, testing, deploying and maintaining deliverables from the various analytical reporting tools. System Administrative duties will also be fulfilled in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Use of best practices in SQL development; make recommendations for improvements
- Develop scripts, perform databasesupport activities, and conduct performance tuning and database design, dimensional analysis, and modeling.
- Maintain and add to an extensive set of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data manipulation.
- Provides expertise and architectural leadership in the areas of Data Governance, Master Data Management, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Scorecards, Dashboards, Business Performance Monitoring and Data Mining
- Produce technical design documentation from requirements and lead peer review cycles with technical and non-technical counterparts.
- Provide functional and technical subject matter expertise in various data management, warehousing, business intelligence and Big Data solutions.
- Standardize cross-departmental data definitions, KPIs, and calculations
- Maintain, enhance, and create enterprise and application level reports using SQL Server Report Service (SSRS) and other Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
- Provide status reports to senior management; and, create data visualizations that leverage all features of Tableau and or Power BI (Parameters, Filters, Advanced Charts, Data Connections, Actions, Dashboards, etc.) with these visualizations presenting data in order to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, by presenting complex patterns in the form of easily deciphered charts and graphs.
- Create custom SQL to query complex data models in the most effective way for the database and the application servers
- Participate in Data Governance efforts, enabling standards and processes for data usage, and identify opportunities for data reuse, migration or retirement
- Fine-tune and improve query performance using profiling tools and SQL. Required to identify business requirements, develop data models, perform data analysis, write advanced SQL queries, design and code complex stored procedures, and performance tune existing databaseprocesses.
- Act as the liaison between business stakeholders, developers, infrastructure teams and project management groups
- Analyze data requirements, application and processing architectures, data dictionaries and database schemas while designing, developing, amending, optimizing and certifying database designs to satisfy reporting needs
- Assist in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environment
- Experience designing and developing Cloud solutions for data and analytical workloads such as warehouses, Big Data, data lakes, real-time streaming and advanced analytics
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field required and equivalent related work experience.
- At least 7 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server Database, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS is required with the development of database/data warehouse/data mart solutions
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies.
- Strong Experience with Data Modeling, Warehousing, Relational Database
- Experience with other BI Tools with Business Objects, ECM, Archival experience a plus.
- Strong experience with Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Data Mining, and Data Warehousing/Mart.
- Microsoft BI Stack including Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View.
- Experience with other relational databases, BI reporting and data discovery tools is highly desirable
- Healthcare data management experiencepreferred
- Certifications a plus: Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP); Certified Data Management Professional (CDPM); Certified Data Vault Professional 2.0; Information Governance Professional; and other certifications provided through various cloud and data-related products such as Microsoft, AWS, Azure etc.