We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
As the Data Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for managing the specialized IT professionals who design, develop, maintain, and support data warehousing and data mart technologies and systems. You will adhere to established corporate management standards and guidelines while carrying out your responsibilities. Reports to the Director of Information Delivery.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the activities of data warehouse project teams in the design, development and implementation of data warehouses; and the configuration and auditing of data warehouses to ensure quality control of data.
- Oversees the development, operations and maintenance of data warehouse environment, including organizational balance and system coherency between front-end desktop/client environment and data warehouse back-end processing functions.
- Provides guidance regarding the use of data warehouse systems, capability of systems to deliver information, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology.
- Lead team of Data Integration Engineers both onshore and offshore resources.
- Be a thought leader and driving force behind data initiatives
- Learn our client’s users’ needs both from a historical/warehouse perspective and an operational/transactional perspective
- Create standards and conventions for data warehouse, analytics, and ETL systems. Lead governance and enforcement of standards
- Drive the team to develop operationally efficiency - Partner with cross-functional teams and business groups - Manage programs, prioritization of work across multiple teams - Define standards, methodologies for best practices with emerging technologies Support the logical and physical integration of applications that are developed or licensed, including how data are used for multiple purposes.
- Analyze and recommend changes to increase productivity level of data warehouse in working environment.
- Understanding user needs as well as understanding the technical requirements and limitations when building platform services.
- Managing cross dependencies across teams to ensure alignment, as well as adjusting team directions when gaps exist
- Setting a strategy vision for various platform components and related services to increase adoption and deliver business results
- Working with business stakeholders across lines of business to evaluate requirements, potential solutions and prioritize core platform features.
Required Job Qualifications
- 4-year degree preferred; advanced degree preferred (Business, IT, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field).
- 8-10 years overall Data Warehouse experience.
- Ability to grasp the Snowflake cloud data platform and at the same time go deep to detailed level of specific features
- Solid fundamentals in the areas of complex SQL, performance tuning, modern data storage architecture, data analytics and reporting tools.
- Ability to understand all aspects of a data ecosystem, spanning from data governance, data quality, security to consumption of data, and familiarization with big data technologies.
- Ability to understand cost implications vs. business value of onboarding new features
- Ability to intuitively identify impediments on the critical path and unblock them.
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use sound data and logic to make compelling business cases.
- Solid expertise with Design and Development of large-scale data warehouses
- Understand the end-to-end methodology of building out a data warehouse, business intelligence solution.
- Ability to work with a team to create SOW, RFS.
- Working experience with Project Methodologies (SDLC, Agile, PMP)
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- You thrive working independently and possess skills like resource management, strategy, roadmap, planning, estimation, scheduling, etc
- Ability work on several projects simultaneously and know where to add business value, and when to delegate, guide or take ownership.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, and attention to details.
- Ability to translate business requirements into design specifications and drive through development rhythms.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.