Data Warehouse, ETLDeveloper
Data Engineer/ETL Developer Arrow Electronics, Inc. – Englewood, CO
Reports To: Manager, IT The Data Engineer
You will be a member of our Data Management team that is responsible for various system integrations, data transformations and reporting to support the arrow.com eCommerce platform. Our new team member will be responsible for ETL processes and general reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities This individual will be responsible for the entire life-cycle of each data task he/she is given: designing, developing, testing and deploying. One of the largest responsibilities for this individual will be moving around large amounts of data on-boarding inventory from various suppliers.
This individual will work closely with the pricing and big data teams ensuring the most competitive/strategic price for each item is listed on the website at all times. As a Data Engineer, this individual will provide support to our internal sales/operations team if they have questions around the data.
- The ideal candidate will have an eye for continual improvement.
- They will help to identify and create designs and architecture that help to make all systems and business processes scalable.
- This individual will be responsible for maintaining the existing ETL order fulfillment integrations as well as developing new ETL integrations.
- The majority of the time, the goal behind the new ETL integrations is to reduce the manual workload currently being done by our internal operations team. Gather data for reporting mission-critical information to be used in influencing the direction of the business.
- Act as technical lead on complex ETL development projects with multiple team members, providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions.
- Develop logical and physical data models. Perform advanced ETL development activities using Informatica, PL/SQL, etc.
- Write and maintain technical documentation describing standard processes which other developers must follow.
- Manage a large-scale ETL environment, including configuration, servers, releases, metadata, system performance, system stability, user administration, and standards.
- Create, update and maintain project documents including (but not limited to): business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements, functional design, data mapping, etc.
Architecture/Designing/Developing an infrastructure to implement and support a reporting new reporting system. Documentation and knowledge transfer.
Qualifications Strong development background with RDBMS and coding in PL/SQL and T-SQL. Experience with enterprise reporting systems
Experience with ETL tools and processes
Experience working within a development environment and with common tools such as code repositories and group collaboration applications
Experience extracting data from a variety of relational databases for analysis (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
Query optimization and working knowledge of transaction isolation levels Ability to be self-driven, take initiative and resolve issues.
Proven ability and extensive experience gathering, understanding and documenting business needs, translating them into requirements, and implementing solutions.
Excellent communication and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Experience working with SOAP and REST APIs
Preferred Architectural knowledge to design, implement and maintain highly scalable, durable and performant RDBMS
Experience with Kettle
Experience with XML and JSON Unix shell scripting
Familiarity with Linux Experience as a member of an Agile / Scrum development team, Java Programming System or network administration, database administration and optimization
Experience with NoSQL databases and big data concepts
What is in it for you?
Training Skills development, Performance coaching Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more. Community involvement opportunities Career advancement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family.
Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays.