Our client is a financial services, data and multiformat media company, highly respected in the market for its leading data, managed services, analytics and equitytrading platforms.
They are currently looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer in New York.
The candidate will be joining a team working in PostgreSQL with Greenplum and contribute to design, architecture and development of the data warehouse environment. This will involve writing ETL procedures and Python scripting as well as taking part in code reviews and technology evaluations.
- 5 or more years of experienceworking with complex SQL procedures and functions
- Bachelor of Science in CS, Engineering or related (MS/PhD an advantage)
- Processing large data sets and custom library creation
- Experience with python scripting and writing custom libraries
- Grasp of analytical-level SQL (windowing functions, OLAP)
- Excellent graps of VLDB performance including sharding, partitioning tables, and extreme optimization
- Understanding of Kimball data warehousing methodologies and ETL processing stages
- Advanced understanding of Bash is an advantage
- Python experience with numpy/pandas/scipy an advantage