Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
As a Data Warehouse Developer, you will be working as part of Business Intelligence group and will be responsible for maintenance and enhancement of Enterprise Data Warehouse in both on-Premise and Microsoft Azure Cloud environment. This is to include managing input of various data sources, definition of database architecture, development of database code, construction and maintenance of ETL based processes, design of database reporting, construction of data flow diagrams and fabrication of documentation manuals.
- Responsible for Development & Maintenance of Microsoft Azure Cloud and On Premise Data Warehouse
- Develop ETL processes using the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS) and Astera.
- Work independently on data warehouse task with minimal amount of supervision
- Create, modify, document and enhance data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse - Translate requirements into technical specifications
- Provide full life-cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality deliverables
- Develops and maintains corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards
- Development of overall project plans and timetables
- Use of deductive reasoning and analytic ability to transform data into information for key decision makers within the organization verifying that consistent information is always delivered
- A bachelor's in computer science or computer information systems is preferred
- Must have development experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud environment – Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake
- Experience in AWS (Amazon Web Services) may also be considered
- A basic understanding of C# is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft BI Tools – SSIS and SSRS, experience using SSAS is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts with experience in data modelling
- In depth understanding of database design and ETL/ELT processing
- 5 plus years of experience in the craft is required
- Desirable to have Cognos BI experience
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills; must be proactive and take initiative
- Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tracking Code 9479