The Analyst, Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence performs analysis, design and development of data Loading, warehousing and reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies. This position supports data marts and implementation of supporting business intelligence and analytics capabilities. This position will be a part of a team which is responsible for end to end development of data projects from analysis and design to testing and delivery, as well as data quality and cleanup efforts.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in analysis, design, development and implementation of data warehouse and data mart structures.
- Assist in identifying and mitigating data quality issues.
- Assist in coordinating data cleanup efforts with end users
- Manage and prioritize work efforts for data projects.
- Communicate with work teams and senior management.
- Analyze, design and development processes to load various systems such as data warehouses and data marts to assure accuracy.
- Develop extracts and reports to satisfy the needs of business customers.
- Document source system database structure and usage.
- Interview end users and document operational structure and workflow.
- Interview end users, managers, and analysts to document current reporting needs and procedures and identify future needs and trends.
- Perform data modeling and de-normalization of existing databases.
- Maintain data mart platform design and performance.
- Requirements Gathering -- Ability to work with management and end users to gather requirements for data solutions.
- Process Modeling -- Ability to model data and business processes using MS Office tools such as Visio
- Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Project Management -- Ability to prioritize work and manage virtual teams and projects
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Computer Science, Data Science, Telecommunications, or Information Technology preferred. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted year over year for the degree requirement plus four (4) years of progressive information technology experience. Higher level education may be substituted for the experience requirement on a two years' experience for one year education basis.
- Requirements gathering.
- Data warehouse and analytics analysis and design.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for report generation.
- Power BI.
- Data modeling and database design.
- SQL Server best practices.
- Familiarity with telecommunications industry core functions and standards.
- Project management.
- Strong common business operations knowledge.