Our client headquartered in Fort Washington, PA is hiring a Data Architect to join their team. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity working on-site in their headquarters.
This role will be responsible for data architecture including mapping systems and interfaces used to manage data, review/set standards for data management, analyze current state and design desired future state. This role will have overall responsibility to manage data across different analytical platforms and use cases within various company business units.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Set vision and strategy for the leveraged and harmonized use of Data to: improve system stability, reduce system handoffs error, enable advanced analytics, and empower Marketing to mine customer data and define use cases that would accelerate revenue growth and creating competitive advantage
- Conceptualize and influence data design, with core understanding of data storage and retrieval patterns.
- Establish and Drive Architecture, Delivery Monitoring, and Value Measurement for strategic BI and Analytics initiatives
- Adopt and drive new technology areas including columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them.
- Drive innovation and maintain influential knowledge of industry trends in strategic areas of importance such as Machine Learning, AI, and IOT areas.
- Continuously provide detailed, accurate and timely updates on current activities to all stakeholders including Finance and Ecommerce.
- Should be passionate about identifying and solving problems for customers and uncover customer needs through direct interaction as well as quantitative or qualitative research
- Create data monitoring models and develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams
- Consult with solution project teams to develop a solution design that is compliant with the architecture and standards of the Company.
- Establish and maintain the architecture and standard technology products to enable consistent, reusable and efficient practices within the BI/Analytics function.
- Design application software components including specifications of audit controls, exception and error handling, security, retention, procedural or recovery logic to construct the application.
- Develop application specific standards and procedures, such as how errors will be handled in the application, to complete detailed design.
- Bachelor’s DegreeRequired
- Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in Enterprise data warehouse data integrations
- 5+ years hands-on experience with modeling tools such as (but not limited to) ERWIN
- Experienceworking with business teams to understand the requirements and convert them into Logical and Physical data models
- Experience in working knowledge of application architecture patterns, NOSQL databaseinfrastructure and robust asset and data migration tools
- Large scale solution delivery involving diverse stack of technologies
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with clients as a technical expert and able to narrate data driven insights and translate technical concepts into simple terminology for business client of various levels.
- Passionate about identifying and solving problems for customers with the ability to uncover business needs through direct interaction as well as quantitative or qualitative research to define compelling solutions
- Excellent understanding of Agile/DevOps operating model. Experience and passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time duration while utilizing automation tool sets
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven ability to manage complex processes and drive continuous process improvement
- Foster a metrics-driven culture to drive accountability and transparency
- Self-starter, self-confident and assured in personal abilities
Additional Skills (Preferred)
- Technology certifications (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, Amazon etc…)
- Deep understanding of:
- Cloud and AWS offerings supported by large implementation experiences
- Data Concepts (e.g. ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- Data Integration Tools
- Big Data (e.g. Hadoop, Flume, HBase, Hive, Map-Reduce, Oozie, Sqoop, Spark, Athena)
- DevOps Tools (e.g. Bamboo, Bitbucket, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, etc…)
- Proven experience in interfacing highly complex mobile & web solutions with APIs and enterprise platforms/services.
- Consulting experience