We are seeking an innovative databasedeveloper with superior SQL Server skills to provide development expertise to our business intelligence (BI) team. The databasedeveloper will be responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, development, testing, tuning, and support of analytics database development for the BI team; and provide support and guidance to the BI team and BI customers regarding analytics database development best practices and development standards.
- Responsible for designing, coding, and implementing reporting/analytics database solutions using modern techniques and programming language
- Providing high-level database development assistance in creating specific reporting for various business units
- Providing general support on information technology to design, develop, execute, and maintain the database application systems
- Design and development of the organization’s business intelligence data warehouse for the identification, collection, and analysis of manufacturing and sales data
- Research, collect, validate, and collate data and information to design, direct, and support the development of accurate and meaningful business intelligence reports.
- Ensures research and innovation at all levels of the analytics development process
- Will participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Works harmoniously in a cross-functional team comprising managers, supervisors, business analysts, systems personnel, network staff, and otherdevelopers in ensuring the delivery of BI solutions as planned, within set budget, and timely
- Functions as technical architect and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on enterprise related BI systems
- Performs the role of the principal designer responsible for complex systems and their subsystems employing deep knowledge of current technology and tools, as well as relevant systems that are already existing
- Provides excellent customer service by responding to and assisting with help desk calls to resolving issues, including system outages
- Perform gap analysis between business requirements and available data elements provided by client and vendor integration teams
- Work closely with Database Administrators and Data Integration (ETL) developers resulting in effective data driven solutions.
- BA or BS degree with 3+ years of directly related experiencepreferred
- Microsoft SQL Server development (T-SQL) including extensive use of stored procedures, database optimization, and database design
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) development
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) development
- Basic SQL server administration experience. (users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, etc).
- Master Data Management experience
- Development of tabular and multi-dimensional data sources
- Preferredexperience with Oracle, MySQL, and DB2
- Strong SQL expertise. You can write a query to do almost anything.
- ETL experience is a must
- Experience with database tuning experience by running diagnostics, performing query optimization, and other performance tuning.
- Experiencetroubleshooting potential issues and experience with best practices around database operations.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment