Altamonte Springs, FL
8 - 10 years
Posted 72 days ago
Works as a member of the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence team.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs additional tasks as assigned. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of data extraction (ETL) processes from source systems to targets.
• Translates business intelligence metrics into data mart business requirements.
• Identifies data sources, assists in the design of dimensional data models and designs/develops processes that ensure data accuracy.
• Develops code to summarize data and calculate metrics for executive dashboards and Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
• Troubleshoots, tunes and supports existing data warehouses and BI applications.
• Shares knowledge and programing methodology with peers to improve coding performance, reusability and standardization.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proficiency in database design concepts and techniques for OLAP versus OLTP.
• Understanding of entity relationship diagrams and resulting physical database objects.
• Advanced database development knowledge including performance tuning in Oracle environments.
• Strong extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) skills using Informatica and PL/SQL.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to clearly articulate solution alternatives.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a team player.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate mentorship and provide guidance to peers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Performance tuning experience in SQL Server and/or Big Data environments.
• ETL experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or 8-year professional development experience in data warehouse.
• Fluency with best practices for ETL design and development such as data profiling, data cleansing, change data capture, and performance optimization.
• Ability to evaluate and implement solutions balancing reuse, extensibility, reliability and performance.
• Flexible, open to suggestions, and eager to learn or share knowledge.
• Orientation toward self-motivation, organization and attention to detail.