This is an opportunity for an experienced and driven technologist to join a rapidly growing, well-funded financial services company and play an integral role in the company's growth and success. The Data Warehouse Administrator (DWA) is responsible for overseeing the shared data repository of a portfolio of related companies.
The ideal DWA candidate will be a thought leader in technology and the data management space with a deep knowledge of Big Datatechnology, and will maintain knowledge of current technology trends and practices.
An analytical approach to data management will be critical for this role. This position reports to the Vice President of Analytics and is expected to work closely with the Director of Business Intelligence in our office in Brickell, Miami, FL.
· Define a common data model with minimal redundancy
· Identify and maintain an inventory of data sources in use
· Schedule and report on efforts to migrate data into our centralized warehouse
· Monitor all databases and resolve all performance issues.
· Perform tests and maintain MySQL databases in an AWS environment.
· Manage all architectural issues and recommend alternatives.
· Maintain all required documents and standards for the data warehouse.
· Train business analysts on the proper use of the data warehouse.
· Monitor ETL server and databases and ensure optimal performance.
· Ensure data quality and accuracy.
· Manage all data integration points and confirm all dimensions.
Preferrededucation: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Management, Computer Engineering. (Master's degree is a plus.)
6+ years of experience in Information Technology.
String SQL development and optimization skills.
MySQL Database Administration (relational database modeling)Amazon Web Services Administration (commissioning, backup)
Unix System Administration (cron jobs, shell scripting)
Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools, techniques and troubleshooting
Proven track record of building databases with expert level understanding of database design principles and a history of meeting commitments.
Strong process improvement orientation.
Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
Ability to work collaboratively, managing multiple stakeholders with interpersonal finesse.
Ability to translate business and regulatory requirements into design/development specs.
Microsoft Excel expertise a plus
SAS or R statistics programming languages a plus
Spark/Hadoop/Hive experience a plus
Previous experience in financial services a plus