BCBS 239 is the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s regulation number 239 which covers principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. Citi is currently expanding a number of controls to achieve heightened standards related to these principles.This includes enhancing its existing Data Tracing Program to target prioritized critical data elements (CDEs) and expand its coverage from the FR Y-9C/FR Y-14 to 60+ Regulatory and Management Reports.Thus, the Finance and Risk Shared Services (FRSS) Data Tracing team is in search of a candidate to join this expanded program, performing data tracing in alignment with the target operating model and execution plan.
The incumbent will lead on-going data tracing for Critical Data Elements on Regulatory and Management reports for derivatives and securities:
- ·Review products and related critical data elements used for regulatory and management reporting, to ensure integrity and soundness of reporting
- ·Partner closely with Corporate & Regulatory Reporting, Chief Data Office, Data Governance Officers, and Regulatory and Management Report Owners
- ·Lead reviews, identify issues and exceptions, produce executive quality reports, coordinate remediation plans and communicate effectively to senior stakeholders.
- ·Lead and/or participate on other product reviews as determined by manager.
Reviews will include:
- ·Data Tracing/Testing
- ·Acquire Source Documentation
- ·Document mapping linkage of CDE to source documentation
- ·Root Cause Analysis
- ·Issue Management Handoff
- ·Reporting Results to Sr mgmnt
Reviews may also include the following:
- ·Cycle Data Profiling & Sample Selection & communicate scope toOther Leads
- ·Acquire RegInsight/CitiInsight Data for all products
Additional non-data tracing work may be required such as variance analysis/ad hoc.
The incumbent will establish working relationships with Risk, Finance, Operations, and Product Control, Technology, and Data Governance Officers, and utilize influence to ensure data, documentation, responses to inquiries and remediation actions are provided timely.
- ·Liaise with Risk, Finance, Operations and Product Control to obtain source system data necessary for the review and analyze data for inconsistencies
- ·Interface with data governance officers as required for support to gain source documentation; review contracts and determine if critical data elements were accurately reported; making note of any exceptions.
- ·Communicate to relevant business contacts/source providers exceptions, defend point of view utilizing strong knowledge of products and reporting, and follow through to ensure remediation actions are performed.
- ·Produce reports, illustrating purpose, strategy, and results of review
Other responsibilities include:
- ·Updating KPIs, metrics, and other presentations, identifying enhancement opportunities and implementing, and supporting manager in the messaging of results/value add to senior management
- ·Providing input and/or lead training programs and identify opportunities for improvement
- ·Participating in Internal Audit (IA) and Regulatory reviews.
- ·Supporting Manager in assessing and enhancing operational controls
- ·Assign, manage, and review work of team, evaluating their findings and judgment in applying regulatory principles to reporting
- ·Facilitating ad hoc, special requests and project management
- ·Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or related field
- ·Strong knowledge of financial products required, specifically derivatives
- ·Strong managerial/leadership experience needed to effectively lead
- ·6+ years of Finance, Accounting, Risk or Product Control experience, preferably at large financial institution
- ·CPA and/or Audit experience would be an advantage
- ·Data tracing/mining experience preferred
- ·Understanding of current accounting principles, policies and financial institution regulatory reporting,
- ·Knowledge of Management reporting a plus
- ·Exceptional analytical skills, combined with an ability to deliver analyses in a concise and logical manner including on complex products
- ·Experience in working in operations unit requiring coordination across multiple regions and business segments.
- ·Must have strong communication skills (oral and written) to clearly articulate findings, defend point of view amongst various groups, and present to senior management
- ·Must be highly influential with multiple stakeholders, including Operations, Risk, Finance, Data Governance Officers, and Product Control with no direct oversight.
- ·Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel as PowerPoint to develop reports/presentations
- ·Strong General Ledger Platforms, Product Processors, and Data Warehouses experience
- ·Must be a proactive and goal-oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions.
- ·Ability to multi-task and manage to project plan, demonstrating independent leadership skills.
- ·Possess strong team building, planning and project management skills driven by process improvement.
- ·Strong understanding and appreciation of internal control environment, reporting, and metrics is required.
- ·Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Job ID: 17074716