Brief Description of the OrganizationCiti, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
BCBS 239 is the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s regulation number 239 which covers principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. Citi is currently expanding a number of controls to achieve heightened standards related to these principles. This includes enhancing its existing Data Tracing Program to target prioritized critical data elements (CDEs) and expand its coverage from the FR Y-9C/FR Y-14 to 60+ Regulatory and Management Reports. Thus, the Finance and Risk Shared Services (FRSS) Data Tracing team is in search of a candidate to join this expanded program, performing data tracing in alignment with the target operating model and execution plan.
The incumbent will participate in on-going data tracing for Critical Data Elements on Regulatory and Management reports for cash and due from banks:
- ·Review products and related critical data elements used for regulatory and management reporting, to ensure integrity and soundness of reporting
- ·Partner closely with Corporate & Regulatory Reporting, Chief Data Office, Data Governance Officers, and Regulatory and Management Report Owners
- ·Participate on reviews, identify issues and exceptions, produce executive quality reports, coordinate remediation plans and communicate effectively to senior stakeholders.
- ·Participate on other product reviews as determined by manager.
Reviews will include:
- Data Tracing/Testing
- Acquire Source Documentation
- Document mapping linkage of CDE to source documentation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Issue Management Handoff
- Reporting Results to Sr mgmnt
Reviews may also include the following:
- Cycle Data Profiling & Sample Selection & communicate scope to Other Leads
- Acquire RegInsight/CitiInsight Data for all products
Additional non-data tracing work may be required such as variance analysis/ad hoc.
The incumbent will establish working relationships with Risk, Finance, Operations, and Product Control, Technology, and Data Governance Officers, and utilize influence to ensure data, documentation, responses to inquiries and remediation actions are provided timely.
- Liaise with Risk, Finance, Operations and Product Control to obtain source system data necessary for the review and analyze data for inconsistencies
- Interface with data governance officers as required for support to gain source documentation; review contracts and determine if critical data elements were accurately reported; making note of any exceptions.
- Communicate to relevant business contacts/source providers exceptions, defend point of view utilizing strong knowledge of products and reporting, and follow through to ensure remediation actions are performed.
- Produce reports, illustrating purpose, strategy, and results of review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or related field
- Working knowledge of financial products required, specifically cash and due from banks
- 5+ years of Finance, Accounting, Risk or Product Control experience, preferably at large financial institution
- CPA and/or Audit experience would be an advantage
- Data tracing/mining experience a plus
- Understanding of current accounting principles, policies and financial institution regulatory reporting,
- Knowledge of Management reporting a plus
- Solid analytical skills, combined with an ability to deliver analyses in a concise and logical manner
- Experience in working in operations unit requiring coordination across multiple regions and business segments.
- Must have solid communication skills (oral and written) to clearly articulate findings, defend point of view amongst various groups, and present to senior management
- Must be assertive and have strong follow up skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel as well as PowerPoint to develop reports/presentations
- Strong General Ledger Platforms, Product Processors, and Data Warehouses experience
- Must be a proactive and goal-oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrating independent leadership skills.
- Possess strong team building, planning and project management skills driven by process improvement.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of internal control environment, reporting, and metrics is required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.