Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better. Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Data Systems Manager 1 to lead the Data Systems team for the AAQ-24 Repair Program. The Manager will provide direct supervision (4 staff), assignment of work, performance management, and Program reporting. The Data Systems Team is responsible to develop and support a variety of system applications and databases which support the AAQ24 Repair Program .
- Acts as the lead Point of Contact for the Data Systems Team
- Participates in Program meetings and reports status of projects and developmental efforts
- Manages a team that is responsible for systems which support scheduling, material monitoring, warehouse operations including inventory management, repair process tracking and financial cost forecasting and scheduling.
- Responsible for performance goals and employee reviews.
- Reviews, prioritizes and implements enhancements to existing Program systems.
- Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- May code using C++, C#, VBA to enhance system functionality.
- Reviews database design and work to enhance and provide back up or recommendations to improving existing system functionality.
- Documents and reviews training documentation for system tools and database enhancement work completed by team.
- Must have 9+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s in Science, 7+ years’ experience with a Master’s, or 4+ years with a PhD.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working in a team environment supporting multiple functional areas.
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance.
- Must be able to work on-site in Warner Robins, Georgia.
- IT or Technical degree preferred.
- Experience working in an avionics repair environment.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Ability to code in C++, C#, and VBA.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.