Summary of the Position:
The Data Strategy Program Manager is a non-supervisory position responsible for technical project management and program integration of Enterprise Data Strategy initiatives. The incumbent will serve as the strategic, technical, and analytics lead on data strategy projects to integrate business objectives with technical IT capabilities. We’re seeking someone who understands the power of data and enjoys building new capabilities. The Data Strategy Program Manager’s primary objective is to ensure that USP’s data assets are developed and available for strategic and operational analytics. This position will support a transformation of USP into a data informed organization. The incumbent will work directly with Strategists, Analytics Experts, IT professionals, and Business leaders in a fast-moving and dynamic environment. The Data Strategy function is part of the Strategy, Pricing, and Analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This role will be the domain expert in USP data and its relationship to external regulatory and pharmaceutical industry data.
- Utilizes SQL and python to develop, prep, and validate data sets for use.
- Leads analytics transformation process by working cross-functionally with IT and business stakeholders to assess business needs, develop, and implement new data management processes and data assets for the organization. This position manages project integration across the program.
- Leads the design, build, and deployment cycle for data assets.
- Translates business data needs into technical requirements, developing and delivering proposed solutions to support data accessibility and the advancement of analytics at USP. This position is a key point of contact to strategic and operational analytics teams.
- Supports implementation of analytics best practices for data source governance by collaborating with the Data Quality Manager to employ data management processes using data prep/management tools.
- Responsible for enabling user adoption and usage of data assets
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Information Systems Management, IT Project Management, Analytics, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business) or equivalent experience.
At least 5 years of hands-on experience working with data, including two of those years on data analysis.
- Prior work experience in life science industry or degree program in life sciences
- Master’s degree preferred (Information Systems Management, IT Project Management, MBA, Analytics)
- Strong project management skills and experience leading cross-functional projects required
- Strong business acumen and experience translating business needs into technical project outputs required
- Advanced technical proficiency in the following:
- Data Systems and Tools: Oracle RDBMS or SQL generally, python (numpy, pandas packages)
- Data Visualization/ Analytics: Tableau or any similar tools such as Power BI, Cognos, OBIEE, Qlik
- Technical Preferred: Python, Alteryx, experience working with API’s a plus
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-directed and able to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks independently
- Strong ability to influence others without direct authority
- Able to make tough decisions when trade-offs are required to deliver results
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including C-level stakeholders
- Strong communication skills required: Verbal, written, and interpersonal