Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, the director will have responsibility for working with the data leadership team and business partners to facilitate the design and implementation of key strategies and initiatives for the Enterprise Data Office. This position is also responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of sound risk governance practices encompassing management oversight of policy development and approval and definition of Data council structure and purpose. Leads in the analysis, recommendations and efficient and timely implementation of initiatives to drive improved business performance and operation while working with leaders to enhance and leverage communication of the data culture across the organization. Responsible for managing and directing the design, development and preparation of Enterprise Data presentations to the Enterprise Data and Analytics Council (DAC) and other relevant parties e.g. Board, Risk Committee.
Serve as the CDO's communication lead, managing the EDO's internal and bank-wide data training and team engagement.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with the Chief Data Officer to provide the vision, strategy, and priorities for all data management initiatives. Transitions strategy from concepts into execution ensuring integration across all functional areas.
- Benchmarks capabilities against industry standards, aligns data and enterprise strategies, and establishes working relationships with external industry groups.
- Fosters a collaborative relationship with data leaders, risk leaders and business partners across the enterprise. Enlists ongoing and active support from senior management and continuously communicates progress.
- Leads all aspects of the portfolio management function including enterprise engagement, demand management, portfolio metrics, oversight, time tracking, capacity planning, and management reporting.
- Oversees evaluation of all EDO projects and ensures the alignment with the data strategy.
- Ensures effective communication practices are established with key partners.
- Has responsibility for the enterprise data management budget. Liaison with EPMO and Finance to manage governance operations processes including appropriations, purchase orders, invoices, resource tracking, sourcing support, vendor due diligence support, and associated reporting.
- Leads internal and external reviews involving the enterprise data program. Ensures assistance is provided in developing responses to audit issues (internal and external) that pertain to enterprise data management.
- Manages and directs the design, development and production of regular and ad-hoc Enterprise Data Management reporting for Executive Management, Data Management, Risk Management Committees and the Board.
- Ensures assistance is provided to the Regulatory Relations Manager with any Regulatory Examinations or Regulatory Reviews that involve enterprise data management. Works with appropriate stakeholders to identify, and comply with, data management regulatory requirements.
- Leads Enterprise Data Management integration with key enterprise risk programs, methodologies, and operating rhythms and in establishing a strong second line of defense function for data risk.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and leads special projects as assigned.
- Establishes and drives the Enterprise Data Office's communication strategy, leveraging existing communication mediums (e.g. ILP, Employee Center) and implementing new mediums.
- 15+ years data strategy and governance experience in the financial services industry
- 10+ years management experience
- BA required; MBA preferred