Individually and through staff manage the Data Storage for systems at all client locations. These systems include Servers, Desktops and Laptops, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) devices, Tape Systems, Storage Media, Portable storage devices, Thumb Drives, and appliances. Manage the Backup and Recovery for the Client and all its systems at all its locations. These systems include Servers, Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Network Appliances, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) devices. Other duties include:
- Operate, maintain and support storage/backup systems as described in the SOPs.
- Provide system administration for the Storage/backup systems.
- Create documentation for storage/backup system baselines, configuration, setup, and operational functions.
- Create, develop and use tools and/or processes to effectively manage storage/backup systems.
- Evaluate all requested changes, modifications and additions to determine if the support infrastructure and logistics are in place to effectively support or maintain the storage/backup systems.
- Provide lifecycle support for storage/backup systems, including but not limited to, lifecycle replacement, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Be responsible for configuring, installing, servicing and operating storage/backup equipment.
- Identify, configure, and manage the process for applying the appropriate security based on requirements or detected vulnerabilities
- Install and configure monitoring agents and monitor the thresholds of the storage/backup systems managed by operations.
- Manage and coordinate off-site media storage in accordance with SOPs.
- Be responsible for managing hardware and software failures or problems. The Vendor shall coordinate with the OEM vendors support line or service desk and coordinate the resolution of the problem and provide status information to the Government managers on the ongoing issue.
- Identify the operational support or maintenance requirements for all hardware and software used with the support of the storage/backup systems.
Perform additional duties are requested which may include performing system administration functions, Tier II support, and implementation of IT projects. Be willing and available to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as required. Provide after hours and on-call support as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Req ID: 34688