Be Here! Be Great! Working for a leader in the insurance industry means a great opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed.
With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Financial Institution Services Division (FIS) specializes in providing risk management, fee income and product enhancement programs to vehicle lenders and lessors, commercial equipment lenders and mortgage lenders throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Target clients include commercial banks, credit unions, finance companies, buy-here pay-here dealers and leasing and rental concerns. FIS is consistently one of the top producing business units within Great American Insurance Group.
FIS is currently searching for a Data Specialist / Senior Data Specialist within our Dealership Product and Vehicle Service Contracts group.
The person hired for this position will review various databases on a contractual level to create basic to intermediate level earnings, claims, accounting, and various ad hoc reports for the FIS division and our valued clients.
These reports will then be used in analyzing and evaluating current business models as well as weighed into future business decisions. They will also supervise a team of data analysts.
We are searching for a dedicated team player who is able to exercise divisional and team goals. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Prepares intermediate to complex financial and business related analysis and reporting.
- Collect and analyze data for validity and accuracy in preparation of assigned reports.
- Develop and maintain department databases and assesses quality of data used in routine reports.
- Maintain datasets within Access including developing queries, identifying and correcting data errors, and generating reports
- Ability to develop knowledge of data sources content and structure to assess the quality of data.
- May begin to identify and make recommendations for resolution of identified issues in data and reporting quality.
- Utilizes department / company software to prepare basic data queries.
- Beginning to develop understanding of industry products/coverages and applies that knowledge to support business activity.
- Provide guidance, training and supervision to 1-3 direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalentexperience.
- 4-6 years of related industry experience.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Expert experience in Microsoft Excel and Access. Cognos and SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail but has ability to see the bigger picture.
- Open-minded, willing to learn, and adaptable.