Job ID 2018-6287
Data Specialist II
Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
As a data specialist II, you will design and develop creative and innovative analytics and data visualizations that willhelp the Environmental, Health, & Safety team make data-driven decisions. The program specialist II will partner withthe technical specialist to develop core data sets that empower operational analyses. Additionally, they will help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on data to build reporting solutions to support various EHS initiatives.
- Organize project charters, scorecards, and other documentation for the overall roadmap.
- Generate monthly reporting and ad hoc analysis to support leadership decision-making.
- Drive data annalistic projects from initial ask, score definition, testing, development, deployment, and support.
- Gather and document requirements from cross-functional teams and projects and align on visualization expectations.
- Write concise technical processes and procedures, including but not limited to runbooks, standard operating procedures, technical manuals, training materials, presentation materials, process flowcharts, quick start guides and frequently asked questions (FAQs).Create and maintain online documentation, including knowledge base or wiki development, content organization and management.
- Manage the entire content lifecycle: creation, planning, development, analyzing, writing, editing, distributing, and auditing content.
- Data mining of multiple audit and compliance findings to generate standardized corrective action and management of vendor tool.
- Drive data accuracy and consistency across teams by identifying gaps and issues in data sources and dashboards.
- Analyze data for corrective action, create and manage tasks through completion.
- Interact with and influence stakeholders, and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Continually improve and automate our methods for parsing data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions.
- Build best practices of marrying financial and operational data. Data sources include Excel, SQL, internalforecasting and planning tools.
- Build dashboards and visualizations of complex data sets and calculations.
- Simplify processes and procedures into understandable language, workflows, and instructions.
- 3+ years of experience managing, analyzing and reporting on large datasets preferred.Possess tactical and strategic regulatory leadership and direction as well as work well with limited supervision while being responsible for project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- 2+ years of editorial, copywriting, and/or analytics experience.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must!
- Excel fluency - you may have moved on from spreadsheets as your primary tool for data analysis, or maybe it was never your primary tool but in this role, you'll need to interface with people whose primary tools are Excel.
- Working SQL experience required.
- Working Tableau experience for developing data visuals.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals.
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment.
- Preferred but not required development experience in at least one scripting language (R or Python preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Communications or related fields; and 2 years of work experience in the field.