Summary of Position:
You’ll work in the Test Engineering Group, focused on architecting and maintaining the Emerging Markets lab. Day-to-day activities may include trouble shoot customer network environments and helping Support team with customer escalations.
Can you see yourself here?
- Monitoring network usage, and anticipating problems and suggesting solutions.
- Analyzing network activity and network problems found in a lab environment and preventing systematic errors.
- Documenting architectures, processes, as-builts, projects, standards, and root cause analyses both in text and diagram form.
- Executing regular planned maintenance and testing activities.
- Ensuring network infrastructure is fully compliant with security guidelines.
- Contributing to the formulation and implementation of installation standards and procedures.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
What you need to bring to the table
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing/switching concepts, and common routing protocols.
- Experience with 1/10/25G and 40/100G networks assessment, design, and deployment.
- Knowledge proficiency with LAN/Switching technologies including Cisco VSS, vPC and Etherchannel. Arista MLAG.
- Able to design and implement configuration solutions to meet customer requests.
- Knowledge proficiency with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco/Arista routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Knowledge proficiency with IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Knowledge and experience with Network management tools (i.e., Solar Winds, Computer Associates).
- Racking, stacking, and patching experience with cabling and fiber.
- Able to build and maintain configuration templates guided by reference architectures and networking best practices.
- Verbal and written skills reflecting the ability to express oneself clearly and articulately. Fluency in technical terms relevant to networking.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Being to work nights and weekends when emergency event arise.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline accompanied with designated certifications.
- Have a desire to gain technical skills through advanced certifications or other similar achievements.
- CCNA/CCNP (Routing and Switching) certification with 3 to 5 years of routing, switching and network deployment experience.
It would be cool if you had:
- Some firewall experience including TCP/IP filtering, NAT, and stateful inspection is preferred