The Data Architect is responsible for leading the development team, ensuring that the data assets of an organization are supported by a data architecture that aids the organization in achieving its strategic goals. The data architecture should cover databases, data integration and the means to get to the data. The Data Architect will achieve his/her goals via setting enterprise data standards.
- Developing and maintaining a formal description of the data and data structures which can include data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Responsibilities will also include metadata management, business semantics, data modeling, and metadata workflow management.
- Creation of metadata registry
- Provide a standard design for the construction of data mapping documents and oversee their generation.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation using database design principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Facilitate, conduct and document data mapping session
- Ability to define requirements by conducting interviews and facilitating/participation in data modeling sessions with business clients
- Assist application development teams in creating effective database designs from business requirements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of the data and data structures
- Serve as IT subject matter expert during application development life cycle by participating in peer reviews and knowledge transfer.
- Analyze data to identify missing, incomplete, or invalid information. Contact originators of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data
- Assist in supporting multiple SQL Server data repository, which may include documenting database architecture and analyzing datasets to identify missing, incomplete, or invalid information.
- Document the business definitions for the database entities and attributes
- Assume responsibility for data integrity among various internal groups and/or between internal and external sources
- Inventory existing data repositories, documenting the structures and contents of each and the data flow between them.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Working knowledge of, or certification in DW, ETL, or data management preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics
- Advanced analytic skills and experience in principles of Business Intelligence.
- 7 or more years or experience working with relational databases
- Experience with enterprise data modeling software (ER Studio), entity relationship diagrams, and dimensional database analysis or design is required
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Services 2012 and above