Job Description: EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position is reports to the Director, Enterprise Data and is responsible for the evolution and implementation of the Enterprise Data Vision and Strategy. The individual in this role will be accountable for the overall data architecture and design of new solutions, including the standardization of data processes and techniques. The ability to work in a team atmosphere effectively is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the evolution and implementation of the Enterprise Data Vision and Strategy.
- Understand the flow of data and those elements critical to the business.
- Establish a forum to drive decisions which includes understanding new solution requirements and the identification, evaluation, and selection of sound technical alternatives to meet business requirements that align with the Enterprise Data Vision and Strategy.
- Set goals and measurements for data project progress, data quality improvements and data compliance levels.
- Ability to perform data modeling.
- Understanding of data visualization, including the use of information analysis maps.
- Design and implementation of data technology use map.
- Responsible for peer code review; validating the logic used for the design.
- Provide oversight for testing via test case review and signoff.
- Possess the ability to prioritize competing/conflicting solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate would have a four-year college degree; Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field or related technical discipline preferred. 10 years of experience working in IT development, preferably within the data and analytics space. The individual should also have mastery of concepts and practices of Business Intelligence, OLAP, data warehouse design, including multidimensional and relational reporting and analysis.
- Effective communication skills: Oral, written and listening.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of SAP Business Warehouse concepts and design, in particular BW on HANA.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, Server, MSAS, SSIS.
- Experience with Business Objects Data Services.
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP ECC functional areas – FI, MM, PP, SD.
- Highly organized and dedicated with a positive attitude.
- Work in Agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated track record of successful tasks and/or project leadership and delivery.
- Experience leading project teams, ideally in a globally collaborative environment.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.