PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The Data Solution Architect serves the organization by promoting clarity and efficiency in using data to drive business decision-making.
- Collaborates with delivery stakeholders to focus on data centric architectural characteristics that ensure high delivery performance based on a loosely coupled, well encapsulated architecture. Areas of emphasis include environment scalability, deployment independence, and test autonomy.
- The Data Solution Architect acts in a consultative nature to both the Business and IT in identifying, researching, and implementing best in class Business Intelligence solutions to support business strategies.
- Responsible for developing reference architectures and standards for business intelligence / data warehousing, metadata management, data quality management, data modeling and master data management (MDM).
- Architect and follow through the implementation of the BI solutions to better manage the data integration and enable next generation data analytics, reporting and operational use cases.
- Provide architecture guidance on the identification, definition, build-out and operationalize strategic data entities. Lead formulation and implementation of consistent data integration and distribution patterns to ensure integrity of the data across the systems by utilizing Exelon’s standard governance process. Make recommendations to improve performance and capacity on relevant BI platforms
- Drives awareness of trends and issues in the BI space, evaluates new technologies and technology opportunities, and provide analysis of the potential impact to advantage the commercial business. Produce white papers, proof of concepts, and demonstrations that show the value of this technology for the business.
- Provide input to IT managers on performance of IT personnel to assist in performance evaluations, career development, and recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 8 to 10 years solid, diverse experience in IT, with a focus in data centric applications and Business Intelligence solutions,
- 8+ years of technology design, implementation, or consulting in one or more of the following areas:
o Business Intelligence & Analytics
o Enterprise Data Warehouse
o Data Lake and Big Data
- 5+ years of working with enterprise architecture or solution architecture frameworks, methodologies, templates, and tools.
- Extensive experience in Data modeling & solution design experience in OLTP & OLAP environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerPivot, and experience with programming languages.
- Strong experience with data warehouse, ETL, data integration across enterprise systems, data analysis, and data transformation.
- Expert level hands-on SQL & Procedural SQL coding skills
- Strong analytics & reporting skills – experience with well-known BI, data blending, data virtualization, and reporting tools expected.
- Experience and understanding of project management and control, and risk analysis
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Strong judgment, excellent analytical ability and consulting skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors.
- Experience in migrating traditional RDBMS to cloud based PaaS solution (Platform as a Service).
- Experience in a DBA or similar role with large data set and performance tuning responsibilities.
- Exposure to data centered enterprise level infrastructure including distributed computing, high availability clusters, storage area networks, storage virtualization, and localized data processing via NVMe or similar technologies.
- Knowledge of Data Science, Analytics, SharePoint, Big Data, Hadoop, and other related distributed processing frameworks.