Data Software Engineer
Our client is a New Jersey based investment fund management firm.
They are currently looking for a senior Software Engineer in Jersey City. The team in question is focused on integrating technologies into the application environment in order to improve data delivery.
The candidate will be focused primarily on big data initiatives, including architecting, designing and implementing high-performance data systems within the firm’s application environment.
- Select new, disruptive technologies to integrate into or replace the firm’s existing data framework
- Provide subject matter expertise and training on new data platforms and solutions
- Code, configure and test new solutions in conjunction with development teams
- Integrate and maintain platforms, both in-house and via vendor management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Ten (10) years of experience developing data-driven systems.
- 2 years working withHadoop and Spark (in Python)
- An expert level of SQL and data modelling
- A track record of evaluating, implementing and integrating new technologies
- Experience as an SME, mentoring and training up other members of development team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with data visualization (Qlik, Tableau).
- Experience implementing data warehousing solutions.