$100K — $150K *
Job Description Summary
The Center for Analytics and Insights (CAI) at Vanguard is an enterprise center of excellence for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics. As a Data Scientist at CAI, you will drive analytic innovation and apply machine learning and statistical modeling to tackle complex and challenging problems facing Vanguard's business and clients. You will play an important role of identifying opportunities, leading and executing model development and delivering analytical insights to support data-driven business decision making.
· Leads and executes analytical and data science projects that provide deep insights into business needs and advance capabilities. Applies significant quality control and risk assessment of data, model, methodologies, outputs and processes.
· Engages with internal stakeholders to understand and probe business processes in order to develop hypotheses. Brings structure to requests and translates requirements into an analytic approach.
· Guides test design, research design, and model validation. Provides statistical consultation services. Serves as the analytics expert on cross functional teams for large strategic initiatives and contributes to the growth of the Vanguard analytics community.
· Mentors and develops junior data scientists and analysts.
· Prepares and delivers insight presentations and action recommendations. Communicates complex analytical findings and implications to business leaders.
· Graduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
· A minimum of five years related work experience in analytical roles. Experience with data wrangling required – Programming skills to access, transform and prepare large scale data for statistical modeling. Experience utilizing statistical and machine learning methods required.
· Strong proficiency in Python (or R) and data visualization tools.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Valid through: 1/26/2022