As the Principal Analyst of Data Science, you'll be part of an extremely high-profile team that has the full support of the CEO, CMO and the entire marketing organization. You will be responsible for helping to take our Data Science capabilities to the next level, supporting the build out our Data Science team, and leveraging our proprietary guest database to drive $$ impact for the business. You will work cross-functionally as one of the go to-people to build and support the implementation of advanced predictive and prescriptive models.
Why you'll love this role
- We are a technologically and data-driven business with a proprietary guest database unmatched by any other company in the industry
- You will be helping to take our Data Science capabilities to the next level – supporting the build out of the team, developing new capabilities and having significant $$ impact on the business
- You will have direct exposure to the Executive Team, including the CMO and CEO
- We are an incredibly fast-growing company at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
- We are a group of motivated, ambitious, and forward looking leaders
- We offer competitive compensation packages
You will be proud to say that you work for Vail Resorts and your contributions will reach across the entire organization
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- [Model Development] Build, support and maintain sophisticated analytics models (including multivariate/factorial regression, probabilistic, machine learning models) to help create meaningful impact for the business. Ideate, design, and create solutions to our most pressing business problems.
- [Guest Data] Collaborate with the Data Engineering, Data Governance teams and Information Technology to grow and enhance the Vail Resorts guest database. This includes but is not limited to ongoing evolution of data capture and guest data integration and partnership on data governance needs.
- [Strategic vision] Support the development of the strategic vision for Data Science, and provide thought leadership across the broader analytics group. Help to identify and scope the highest impact analytic use cases across the organization, and support the synthesis of a coherent roadmap to make the vision a reality
- [Leadership] Demonstrate strong leadership through the robust development of talent on the Data Science team, showing high emotional intelligence and self-awareness of how actions impact the team and stakeholders, showing ambition to overcome obstacles, and the learning agility to tackle and solve new and increasingly complex problems.
- [Center of Excellence] Stimulate a culture of credibility and quality that is extensible to the rest of the organization. Act as a mentor, a trainer, and a source of best practice that allows the team to act as consultative elements for the enterprise.
- [Partnership] Partner with Marketing Analytics team leaders to provide Data Science input to decisions and evaluation of marketing effectiveness. Support the consumption and utilization of marketing analytics insights to create impactful business outcomes across marketing lines of business and functions (Relationship Marketing, Digital, Media)
- [Quality Assurance] Partner with team members to ensure the quality of every product produced. Due to the complexity of our work and the credibility we are trusted with, every piece we do must receive high levels of scrutiny.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Business, Technology, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Mathematics) required
- At least 4 years' experience with Enterprise Data required.
- Strong organizational skills are essential. The candidate must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous exposure to development, documentation and maintenance of business data models
- Candidates must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- The ideal candidate will have a balanced skilled set; able to describe technical and non-technical concepts effectively.
- Hospitality or travel industry experience helpful but not required; broad marketing experience in a company driven by analytics.
- Strength in written and verbal communication. Excellent interpersonal, with the ability to communicate difficult concepts effectively.
- Highly collaborative approach and open communication style
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- High level of comfort with technology
- Relational database skills/understanding in a MS SQL environment
- Experience with a Data Science tool set including: R, Python, Alteryx, SAS, Pipeline Pilot
- Experience with analytic tools/software such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, MS Excel
- Working in On premises and cloud environments