Data Scientist, the Data & Analytics department, Full Time Days, University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
We're hiring a Data Scientist for the Data & Analytics department for a Full-Time, Days shift for the University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL.
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in a new and original role as a Data Scientist with our Data & Analytics department.
Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day.
Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
In this role, the Data Scientist will leverage statistical analysis, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and advanced visualizations to assist organizational leadership with operations, change monitoring, strategic planning and program development.
The Data Scientist will work directly with internal constituents by providing analytics consultation to help guide decisions that maximize clinical effectiveness, enhance quality of care, and minimize waste and variability within the UCM health system.
The Data Scientist will also help define, in business terms, the data and analytics approaches for capitalizing on key opportunities as an integral member of the Center for Quality and UChicago analytics community.
Data Scientist Education and Experience Requirements:
- A PhD in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or Bioinformatics is preferred. (A Masters or BA with industry experience also considered).
- Must have extensive experience with R, SAS, or Python for development of statistical and machine learning models.
- Must have experience with SQL.
- Must have the ability to process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Must utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must utilize excellent collaboration skills and willingness to teach others statistical and ML methodologies.
- An understanding of healthcare data is preferred.
Job ID 2017-10958.