8 - 10 years experience • Furniture & Home Goods
My Client . is looking for a Data Scientist with a strong passion for turning large data into actionable insights that drive improved business performance. They must have strong critical thinking skills and a passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. They will be integral in transforming the way that data is integrated and leveraged to drive the business. This position will have the opportunity to present findings and share insights with multiple business leaders throughout the organization including merchandising, marketing, supply chain, operations, finance etc.
The role is positioned within Customer & Business Analytics department. The Customer & Business Analytics department is a World Class Analytics group, responsible for providing actionable insights into various aspects of the business to drive value and support improvements within the business. Analytic focus areas include Business Performance, Customer Intelligence, CRM & Optimization as well as Web Analytics.
- Mine and translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations for the operational and strategic business units
- Answer key business questions by using analytical & statistical techniques on data
- Drive the collection of new data sources and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze, interpret & communicate the results of experiments to the business units
- Evaluate and modify statistical methodologies, techniques and processes
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives
- Produce dynamic data driven analytic solutions to support the strategic goals of the company
- Develop process improvements, analytical frameworks, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions to the department
Experience & Personal Qualities:
- Flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Strong background in statistical concepts including regression analysis, factoring, clustering, decision trees, A/B testing and experimental design
- Experience with various data types (e.g. Relational, unstructured, Hierarchical, etc)
- The ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
- A minimum Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or a related field
- Expert knowledge of SAS and SQL
- Expert knowledge of Advance Machine Learning (Deep learning) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques and applications.
- 10 years professional experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
Data Integration Developer- MUST have SAAs and SQL,. THis person needs to think like an analyst but more data oriented. They will be moving the data for the quant people to work on. Not at ETL person.