About the job
This position is needed to help scale our understanding of the Twilio user experience by modeling customer attributes and behaviors across multiple touchpoints in order to achieve three important outcomes. First, we want to identify optimizations that can accelerate the path from signup to production. Second, we want to identify product characteristics that lead to satisfying long-term user experiences. And finally, we want to classify different types of users based on their characteristics and behaviors.
Our team is small but growing quickly. You will have the opportunity to make a big impact on a team that is getting a lot of visibility and tackling novel challenges in data modeling.
In this role, you’ll:
- Model the relationship between user characteristics + behaviors and key business outcomes.
- Classify different types of users based on their characteristics and behaviors.
- Partner with stakeholders from multiple disciplines (PMs, data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, qualitative researchers) to clearly define the problems to be solved.
- Communicate insights from your analyses to diverse audiences including non-technical and technical roles.
- Plan your work for each quarter (e.g. a deliverables roadmap) and for each 2 week sprint (using Jira).
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Significant experience modeling and classifying data using machine learning techniques, including clustering techniques, using Python and/or R in a full time position.
- Proficient working with SQL and relational data, including joining, aggregating and filtering data.
- A degree in data science, analytics, or related field and relevant experience. The following are guidelines: Ph.D. + 2 years of relevant experience or a Masters + 5 years of relevant experience or a BS/BA + 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and probability including descriptive statistical concepts like mean, median, mode, variance, the standard deviation; inferential statistical techniques and concepts like regression, t-test, ANOVA and maximum likelihood estimators; and characteristics of different distributions.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Significant experience with communicating insights from your analyses to diverse audiences including both non-technical and technical roles, including executives.
- Data visualization experience, especially Tableau.
- Experience with time series and/or forecasting methods.
- Experience with AWS (Sagemaker, EC2, Lambda, etc.).
This role will be remote, and based in Denver CO, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?