The Data Scientist leads the team in developing sophisticated predictive models, mining large data sets for insights, building scalable data products, and growing the overall Data Science capability at Foot Locker.
This individual serves as the senior member on project teams, often creating solutions from scratch, or, applying known and proven techniques effectively. This role is well versed in multiple analytical techniques, and can seamlessly transition between projects, data types, and problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accesses data from a variety of sources, including RDMS, NoSQL, or API.
- Performs data aggregations, joins, manipulations, and cleaning to ensure data integrity throughout the entire analytical process.
- Applies supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques to data to generate predictions and uncover patterns.
- Develops hypothesis statements and applies statistical testing to determine causality and generalize observations.
- Solves problems by applying a variety of predictive modeling/machine learning/deep learning techniques.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the current analytical landscape, including emergent technologies and methods.
- Works closely with the Data Engineering and Product teams to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Decomposes problem statements into specific deliverables and requirements.
- Supports the Product Owners in developing sprint goals and roadmaps.
- Continuously scans the Data Science landscape for recent developments and opportunities to ingrate new methodologies into the existing project portfolio.
- Creates presentations and delivers results to colleagues, stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Leads peer review sessions and collaborative exercises to build the team's overall analytical capability.
- Thoroughly understands Foot Locker’s retail business model and can seamlessly connect data, context, and analytical solutions.
- Mentors junior team members and provides constructive critique on specific projects.