Duties and Responsibilities:
Special skills needed:
For over 95 years, data has been key to State Farm. As a member of our data science team with the Enterprise Data & Analytics department under our Chief Data & Analytics Officer, you will work across the organization to solve business problems and help achieve business strategies. You will employ sophisticated, statistical approaches and state of the art technology. You will build and refine our tools/techniques and engage w/internal stakeholders across the organization to improve our products & services.
Implementing solutions is critical for success. You will do problem identification, solution proposal & presentation to a wide variety of management & technical audiences. This challenging career requires you to work on multiple concurrent projects in a community setting, developing yourself and others, and advancing data science both at State Farm and externally.
Skills & Professional Experience
· Develop hypotheses, design experiments, and test feasibility of proposed actions to determine probable outcomes using a variety of tools & technologies
· Masters, other advanced degrees, or five years’ experience in an analytical field such as data science quantitative marketing, statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, etc. or equivalent practical experiencepreferred.
· Experience with SQL, Python, R, Java, SAS or MapReduce, SPARK
· Experience with unstructured data sets: text analytics, image recognition etc.
· Experience working w/numerous large data sets/data warehouses & ability to pull from such data sets using relevant programs & coding including files, RDBMS & Hadoop based storage systems
· Knowledge in machine learning methods including at least one of the following: Time series analysis, Hierarchical Bayes; or learning techniques such as Decision Trees, Boosting, Random Forests.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple diverse stakeholders across businesses & leadership levels.
· Exercise sound judgment to diagnose & resolve problems within area of expertise
· Familiarity with CI/CD development methods, Git and Docker a plus