There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
- Provide technical and thought leadership designing, testing and implementing methodologies to forecast and monitor metric time series.
- Develop algorithms to detect anomalies, assess risks/threats, and core metric fluctuations with our Security team.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to understand unexpected metric movements and communicate results to other data scientists, product managers and company leadership.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs and help build data products that inform our Security posture and strategy.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling
- 5+ years writing SQL statements.
- Expertise in one of Python, R, Julia; if R or Julia, candidate must be able to make algorithms scale.
- Working knowledge of at least one modeling framework (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, SAS, R, MATLAB)
- Familiarity with basic classes of ML algorithms, concepts in feature extraction and selection.
- Ability to communicate your analysis with clarity and precision.
- Experience implementing statistical models in production-grade code.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience with data visualization.
- 4+ years experience using Python.