$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Seattle, WA 98160
Industry: Consumer Technology•
5 - 7 years
Posted 36 days ago
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to help extend the capabilities of our product catalog platform. This is an opportunity to apply advanced ML techniques and make a difference to one of the largest product catalogs in the world.
• Data mining using off the shelf and researched methods
• Design and maintain highly scalable data systems (Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow)
• Work with engineers to bring research prototypes into production to perform at massive scale
• Design and develop ML solutions for entity extraction, taxonomy generation and product classification using text and image-bases features.
• Selecting features, building and optimizing machine learning models
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• 1+ years of software development
• 5+ years of data science work
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient with SQL or variants
• Data-oriented personality
• Can work closely with engineers, data scientists and researchers
• Excellent understanding of common machine learning techniques
• Highly Experienced with at least one data science toolkit
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Knowledge of graph-based models a plus
• Solid engineering and design skills
• Strong knowledge of Spark
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, or matplotlib etc.
• Good scripting and programming skills Java or Scala preferred
Valid Through: 2019-11-8