- Apply a broad array of analytics skills including machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, and modeling to extract insights to structured and unstructured healthcare data sources, pre-clinical, clinical trial and complementary real-world & digital information streams.
- Work on a variety of team-based projects providing expertise in analytical and computational approaches.
- Work with the latest tools and technologies to impact drug development
- Contribute to the Advanced Analytics plans for projects across R&D, Medical Affairs, HEVA and Market Access Strategies and Plans.
- Leverage analytics involving large datasets to refine and improve data models.
- Build and construct prototypes of Advanced Analytic work-flows.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- PhD or ScD in quantitative field such as Medical Informatics, Mathematics, Biostatistics, or Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Relevant Master’s Degree, with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience (level II), or Master’s degree with relevant Essential Skills and Experience (level I). Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years in a relevant discipline and commensurate analytics experience will be considered.
- Experience with open source technologies, ML libraries, and programming languages (R, python)
- An ability to interact with a variety of large-scale data structures e.g. HDFS, SQL, noSQL
- Experience working across multiple compute environments to create workflows and pipelines (e.g. HPC, cloud, linux systems)
- Experience with any of the following: biomedical data types/population health data/real world data/novel data streams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with reproducible and collaborative technology platforms (e.g. github, containers, jupyter notebooks)
- Experience with big data analytics platforms and/or workflow tools
- Exposure to NLP technologies and analyses
- Knowledge of some datavis technologies (ggplot2, shiny, plotly, d3, Tableau or Spotfire)