Step is looking for an experienced Data Scientist working on Risk. In this role you will lead the development of fraud detection algorithms and systems that protect Step and its customers from fraud and financial loss. You will work with our fraud experts to understand all the details of what’s working well and where we need to fill gaps, and help build an in-house decisioning platform to quickly test, improve, ship, and track models.
- Build and implement data solutions to help drive strategic business decisions related to Risk.
- Leverage both new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our risk infrastructure.
- Work with engineers to design machine learning solutions that operate effectively at scale.
- Partner with Risk Operations to quickly respond to rapidly evolving threats.
- Help build the next generation of data products at Step.
- 2+ years specializing in Fraud or Risk modeling.
- A graduate degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, physical sciences, or a similar technical field.
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning / deep learning solutions.
- The versatility to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain.