Less than 5 years experience • Online Advertising & Marketing Services
As a Data Scientist, you will be at the center of this mission. Wewant you to develop the best algorithms to extract insights from that corpus of customer feedback, build the best models to measure the value of those insights, and lead the way in creating data products out of these models.
- You will be expected to own one or more of our core models and take it end-to-end from understanding business needs, to problem formulation, to modeling, prototyping, and into production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Sales teams to unlock new opportunities for growth.
- Think critically about our product and have an opinion for how to use data science to deliver more and better insights for our clients.
- Apply machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to build new product features.
- Promote data science internally and externally by sharing your research and insights via presentations, blog posts, etc.
- You should be comfortable taking feedback from everyone – Product Managers, Engineers, customers, the CEO, etc. – to help understand business objectives and constraints and deliver the most powerful models and data products, as well as build and maintain a roadmap beyond v1.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems using data
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Analytics, Operations Research, Statistics or a related field with 3+ years of industry experience
- A strong background in machine learning, stochastic modeling, predictive analytics and experience building data products with these techniques. Experience with NLP/text analytics is a plus
- Strong communication skills. You are able to explain models intuitively to engineers, PMs, executives, and clients.
- Proficiency in Python, R, or similar and with related machine learning packages
- Proficient with SQL.
- Data visualization experience a plus.
- Strong programming skills and/or experience or a strong interest in cluster computing frameworks such as Apache Spark are a plus.