Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Digital Science Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our Data Sciences Team. With this role, an individual will have the unique opportunity to drive the advancement of a best-in-class enterprise visual and analytics platform and enable scientists to wrangle multivariate data challenges. Additionally, you will help scientists communicate these results through powerful and intuitive analytic applications and dashboards and empower scientists to discover insights hidden in data, unify data across multiple sources, and make challenging scientific problems more clear and solvable.
- The Data Scientist will be part of the data science team and is responsible for solution configuration against defined user requirement specifications.
- Will be responsible for the design, deployment, and implementation of R Shiny Applications.
- Determines customers' needs through data gathering and analysis, meetings with customers, and collaboration with the Sales, Application Management and Customer Success teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues in sales to provide technical information to potential customers during discovery calls and online meetings.
Skills & Qualifications
- Specialize in R, R Studio Server, R markdown, R Package development and R Shiny development for data manipulation, visualization, and analysis.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in Data Scientist role or related field
- Conversant with higher level statistics including machine learning, clustering, ANOVA, multivariate analysis, multi-linear analysis, design of experiments, descriptive statistics, and life science applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL, HTML and CSS.
- Familiar with Bitbucket (git), JIRA and Slack for project management and communication.
- Experience Data wrangling including connecting and querying APIs from other software
- Experience building Spotfire and Tableau dashboards a plus.
- Experience with Scientific Data Management software including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN)
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, understanding of laboratory processes and methods.
- Understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and enterprise information management solutions and their benefits
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software architecture and delivery models.
Master’s or PhD degree in a natural science or mathematics discipline or Bachelors with equivalent experience