We are a mature, pre-IPO startup that has developed a way of creating personalized and targeted marketing at scale using data science and artificial intelligence to make it all come together.
As a Data Scientist in Quality Analytics, you will be responsible for devising metrics and analyzing the quality across the core of Demandbase's data assets. A successful Data Scientist for this role will possess a natural curiosity about data, strong work ethic, and clear technical ability to process hundreds of gigabytes to terabytes of data and make sense of large-scale data. Possession of knowledge of how the Internet works as well as the data problems that come with that are essential tools for the trade in this position.
We deal with many known problems in NLP such as relation extraction, NER, cross-document summarization, natural language generation, topic modeling, entity linking/disambiguation, large-scale machine learning over graphs, to problems novel to this domain such as personalized ranking of information, predicting the quality of relationships, etc. You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and working as part of the engineering and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across functional groups and with executive stakeholders at customers like the above.
What you'll be doing…
- Define: Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define hypotheses and models. We are dealing with all aspects of Business-to-Business sales and marketing problems and first to apply data science to them.
- Document: Write clear, concise descriptions of how insights can be converted into repeatable actions, while driving forward with software engineering best practices.
- Test: Continually iterate on your systems and refine assumptions, data sources and more.
- Apply: Apply expertise in quality assurance to ensure that all aspects of affected pipelines are evaluated before shipping to production
- Code: Build out new applications and business solutions as part of a combined data scientist / machine learning / engineering team.
- Communicate: Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
What we're looking for...
- BS or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Statistics Computational Mathematics
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong background in algorithms and dealing with large-scale data problems
- Must have worked at a startup (less than 150 employees) within the past 4 years
- Proven experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms
- Proven experience processing and aggregating over billions to trillions of rows
- Strong experience with Apache Parquet, Avro, or similar technologies
- Understanding of cookies, mobile web traffic, and user behavior on the Internet is a strong plus
- Proven attention to detail. Ability to recognize abnormalities in trends, boundary problems and thresholds.
- Proven ability to apply machine learning to a wide range of problems
- Proven ability to think outside the box and discover insights that may not be obvious to others