Utilizes computer programming skills as well as basic statistical and predictive modeling to perform data maintenance, extraction and analytics. Utilizes programing skills in languages such as C#/.NET, SQL, R and/or Python to participate in entire data workflow from project design to ETL to application of statistical techniques for data cleaning and mapping.
Utilizes process enhancement opportunities to improve the efficiency of data pulling, reporting, programming, operation and etc.
Works with DBA/Developer on standardizing and improving data pulling, cleansing and loading processes.
• Utilizes SSIS, BIML and Informatica to perform daily ETL tasks on MSSQL, Oracle, Teradata and MySQL databases.
• Performs data modeling and database optimization.
• Interprets and writes complex SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
• Proactively monitors systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints.
• Applies development skills to complete tasks.
• Responsible for extensive T-SQL development, integration testing and other projects that may be necessary to help the team achieve their goals.
• Performs basic data analysis to include data validation, investigation, and trending analysis.
• Assists Lead Systems Analyst with transforming data into actionable insights and useful information by conducting analysis pertaining to patient profiling, segmentation, path analysis, cluster analysis and cohort analysis to support decision making.
• Builds basic predictive models, mix models, attribution models and other mathematical or statistical models as needed by using modeling tools.
• Identifies technical issues and manages resolution for analytics programs.
• Designs, develops, and maintains relational databasereports.
• Designs, develops and maintains reports integrating data between different database systems.
• Assists with scope and task plan development; provides input to resource requirement development.
• Fosters innovation and learning through sharingdesign ideas and mentoring team members.
• Must be able to effectively and efficiently multitask.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Marketing, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- None required
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
Requires critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must have advanced SQL query writing skills beyond SELECT, JOIN, WHERE and UNION statements as well as query plan analysis experience
Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience conducting data analytics, data management, math or statistical modeling or machine learning.
• Must have well developed object-oriented programming skills in languages such as C#.
• Highly proficient with programing skills in languages such as SQL, R, Python or similar.
• Basic understanding of systems like Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce is desired.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Master’s or PhD degrees in related fields may offset the experience requirement.
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities