The Technical Project Manager, Innovation Lab is responsible for the successful identification, qualification, and execution of innovative technology projects. This individual, under the guidance of their aligned Director will function as a critical junction box among clients, external resources, and executive leadership. As such, this position requires a self-starting, creative problem solver who can turn ideas into working technology. Flawless client service and a positive attitude are critical to the success of this position. The ideal candidate will have a strong technology background and a proven track record of successfully delivering on and contributing to leading edge technology solutions, contributing to strategic work streams, and providing technical insight to drive projects to completion.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas (automation, analytics, etc.) to move projects past technical roadblocks.
- Demonstrate Ryan’s core values by creating a positive, accountable work environment for a growing, entrepreneurial team.
- Communicate timely, concise and engaging communications with stakeholders and leadership throughout the project lifecycle and at all levels of the organizations.
- Drive excellence by continuously soliciting feedback from internal clients and stakeholders.
- Foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders to secure commitment and drive project success.
- Manage vendors from selection through contract negotiation to close out.
- Responsible for the execution of a portfolio of greenfield projects, ensuring expectations for scope, schedule and budget are met.
- Guide the analysis of tax data requirements and client information systems in complex projects, while minimizing the impact to our clients and their IT organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree or master's degree in software engineering, information systems or computer science is strongly preferred. Other STEM degrees with relevant work experience or coursework are also encouraged to apply. Key experiences include:
- A proven track record of delivering and managing multiple successful enterprise-grade automation solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in the development or deployment of one or more enterprise software application is a plus.
- Exposure to modern enterprise applications, and their APIs.
- Knowledge of one or more relational databases.
- Exposure to one or more NoSQL databases
- Exposure to in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Agile Scrum, and DevOps methods. Ability to determine and deploy best methodology for the scale and requirements of the application.
- Knowledge of tax, compliance or accounting processes and applications is a strong plus.
- Five years or more of implementation, consulting or technology project management.
- Development experience such as Java, Python, R is a is highly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Fluency in at least one programming language, scripting language or automation platform is highly desired. Experience with one or more database platform is also a strong indicator for success in the role.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
Directly supervises employees in their practice and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Firms’ policies and applicable laws.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel up to 30% (No travel at this time with Covid 19)