We’re looking for a Product Data Scientist to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Who we're looking for
Point is looking for Product Data Scientist to join our focused, growing, and passionate team. We want data scientists who approach problems from first principles, are comfortable diving into large datasets to uncover actionable insights, enjoy visualizing complex insights for mass consumption, and thrive with a fast-paced product iteration cycle.
What we'll build together
As the first Product Data Scientist at Point, you'll help us improve & optimize our core card offering, test improvements, and surface key insights to leadership.
You'll perform deep analytics on large datasets, build models to describe and predict member behavior, and produce insights that shape key decisions & investment areas.
- 3+ years of analytics experience & data science or equivalent applying quantitative, statistical & machine learning technique to practical product problems
- Fluency with data analysis programming languages (Python / R), SQL, & data visualization tools
- Experience analyzing and conducting hypothesis driven experimentation and A/B testing
- Comfortable translating ambiguous problems & requirements into data-driven analyses
- Strong verbal and written skills to explain technical analysis to non-technical partners
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using orchestration tools (like Airflow) and dashboarding tools (Metabase, Mode, etc.)
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, dimensional modeling, and ETL best practices
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.